Monday 28 September 2015

Workshop, Conference is for Certificate ?

Hi

Recently I have interviewed a students, who has come up with a resume and a big File. As usual i was asking about his personal details(to make him relax and comfortable). Then I have started question from his resume, his interest and also he brought his laptop to show his innovative things which he have done.
I was happy to see he has greater talent and potential in Photography too. Meanwhile he has given a huge file to see, i too opened it and checked the file. File is full of colourful certificate and was checking each and everyone , also i have asked when and how he got this certificate . He too told me background about each every certificate.

To my Surprise "He has certificate in Different dimension like C, C++, Java, Cloud, Big Data etc"

Finally i have asked a question "I have seen some creativity in your Laptop, but i have not seen a single certificate related to what you have done very good"

He smiled and answered " Sir, i got this certificate for participation and also there is no special motive to attend such workshop & Conference, some i attended for my friends , some i thought it would benefit me, but nothing helped me"

He also added" Sir at-least you have seen these certificate, most of the company never asked for such certificate they have asked only my resume  and technical question and but i used take all these certificate and he also told not only me every freshers used to have a file with collection of certificate( which doesn't benefit)

Then i asked myself what is the purpose of "Conference, Workshop or such events , is it really beneficial or  "
Is it only for certificate or People Dont Understand what is the purpose of the event

Students has no awareness whether to attend event or not, what will be the end results if we attend.
I think i should  create awareness  on it

Finally its only about "Certificate, get more and think as if you will get Job when a interviewee will see your certificate"

Need a Change


2 comments: